You can train digitally live on your own or with the help of a person that does the filming. How you choose to train is something you determine at the time of your training session.
1. Digital training with an assistant that does the filming
- The training is filmed by an assistant that with smartphone nr 1 logs in to the mobile app using the rider account (rider + assistant log in to the same account) and starts the session, choose “Video and Audio”. The assistant may use a headset to listen in on the lesson.
- Smartphone nr: 2 – The rider logs in to the mobile app using the rider account and starts the session, choose “Audio only”. The rider puts the phone in a pocket and uses a regular headset to both speak – and listen to the trainer.
- The trainer watches the lesson on his/her computer/tablet and coaches live via the web app.
Equipment: Rider: smartphone + headset. Assistant: smartphone (possibly headset). Trainer: computer or tablet (headset is preferable).
2. Training digitally on your own (using TWO phones)
Live session by yourself:
a) When you have access to TWO phones – set smartphone nr 1 on the arena short side, preferably using a tripod and login to your rider account to start your session, choose “Video and Audio”. Smartphone nr 2: log in to the mobile app with your rider account (the same acct is used for both phones) and start your session. Choose “Audio only”. Place phone nr 2 in your pocket and use a regular headset. Your trainer will watch the lesson on his/her computer/tablet and coach live via the web app.
Equipment: Rider: 2 smartphones + regular headset. Trainer: computer or tablet.
Tip! Use a phone with the best camera when filming as it generates a better picture quality.
The coverage of different phone service providers can vary greatly depending on location – use the phone with the best coverage as this also contributes to the picture quality. Should you experience audio feedback, mute the microphone on the phone that is filming.
Training digitally on your own (using ONE phone)
b) If you only have access to ONE phone; place your smart phone on the short side of the arena, preferably on a tripod. Log into the mobile app using your rider account and start your session, choose” video and audio”. Use a wireless Bluetooth headset with plenty of range (read more under Equipment). Your trainer will watch your lesson on his/her computer/tablet and coach live via the web app.
Equipment: Rider: smartphone + wireless headset with enough range. Trainer: computer or tablet (headset is preferable).